Saturday, February 6, 2010

Vicissitudes of Life!

Funny how when you set out to accomplish something in a day the little vicissitudes of life come along and take you in another direction. Today the deal was to try to get the kitchen back together and put the other rooms back the way they were before the remodel of kitchen. Well we almost made it. We (the hubby and I) had the opportunity to watch two of the grandchildren today for an hour or two. Of course we were thrilled!!




So Sweet Julia was here!!!




And John James!

We had so much fun and eventually their parents arrived back and our fun was over. So back to that list of accomplishments for the day!!! Ugh. Well I so wanted to get my Valentine's Day cookies made - if nothing else I wanted to get that done. Since it was a snowy blistery day anyway what better thing to do than bake!! So low and behold - tah dah!



A baker's dozen was accomplished!! Check back for the icing part! Should be interesting.

By this time hubby is wondering "What's for dinner?" Yea right!! But I had that planned too. I had marinade a wonderful london broil earlier in the day - Mesquite!!! So in true New England spirit I went outside (I think it was 25 or 30 - and with the wind chill - burrrr) and lit the grill. I cooked the steak outside on the deck with the wind and the snow blowing around! But for me there's nothing like a steak cooked on the grill!!!



See - medium rare! Yum!

All in all it was a great day. Hope you all enjoyed your day too - snow or no snow!

No comments: