Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What's for Dinner?

So tonight I tried a new recipe (which I often do to my family) - Cajun Chicken Pasta. I got the recipe from a blog I read regularly - The Pioneer Woman - you should check it out sometime. Anyway back to my favorite subject - FOOD and COOKING!! Let's start from the beginning!




Cut up the chicken into cubes. Easy enough!!



Cut up the Roma tomatoes! Again still pretty simple.




Cut up the peppers and onions! And the garlic - think I have enough on the top!!!




I wish you could smell this!!! The Cajun spices are roaring on this chicken!



Once I put the veggies in the pan and that garlic started cooking - oooo mama!!




Now for the sauce - deglaze the pan and add cream!! Does it get much better than this - Oh yea it does - now the pasta!!!



Oh la la!!! As for me and hubby - we'd like more spice - a lot more spice but the overall flavor was delicious.

On a side note, this recipe is not for the faint of heart - as with most recipes from The Pioneer Woman - she uses butter and cream (yes even heavy cream). But if you feel like treating yourself to something a little decadent then you should definitely try this. What did you have for dinner? Drop me a comment and let me know.

2 comments:

Amber said...

We were boring. We had regular pasta with meat sauce and garlic bread. lol but Andrew cooked, and cleaned so I can't complain!

Chelsea said...

Looks yummy