Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Leftovers!!

One of the great things about growing up in the McDermott house is that you could watch Ellie create a terrific meal out of whatever was leftover in the fridge. Remember the garbage soup!!!! Anyway I had some leftover marinated mozzarella from the Swap Party and wondered what am I going to do with this. Now mind you I have been nibbling on them at night - but to eat all of it by myself. That's just too much. So when you think mozzarella you think italian - pasta. So I started there. I cooked up some whole wheat pasta and smothered it with leftover sauce. Then I added the leftover mozzarella, some white wine and parmasen cheese. Mix the whole thing together put it in a baking dish and topped it with more cheese. The more cheese the better it tastes.



I gotta say it tasted pretty good. So thanks Mom for showing us what to do with all the leftovers in the fridge.

No comments: