Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gratitude Not Attitude

I decided that I wanted to continue the Thanksgiving Day theme for my dinner with my guinea piggers.  We didn't have more turkey - I think everyone is pretty much turkeyed out after Thanksgiving but I did want to continue the thankfulness idea.  Hence the name of the dinner - Gratitude Not Attitude.  Well let's face it, us girls can have a LOT of attitude at times!!

Anyway on with the dinner.  First was the table setting.  These are branches I picked up from the back yard - always good if you can decorate from free!!





I know, it looks a bit bare and rustic but go with me on this - wait till the end! You'll see my vision!!

The meal was centered around sour cream.  I know - you're asking yourself what does sour cream have to do with Thanksgiving?  It doesn't - they just had a really good sale at Shaw's and I had coupons!! Had to use the sour cream up!!

So dinner we had Beef Stroganoff and Vegetables with Sour Cream Sauce.

This was not just my serving!!

Hard to see the veggies but they were broccoli, cauliflower & carrots
For dessert I made chocolate cake with sour cream and no it was not from a box!! It was covered with chocolate fudge frosting (also not from a can!) and I topped it with a squirt or two of whipped cream (yes from a can). 

Very rich tasting!!!
Before we started eating I told the girls about the theme and that I needed them to express their thankfulness for their fellow guinea piggers.  We each took leaves from the table and wrote one of the guinea piggers name on the front and what we were thankful for about them on the back.  Then we took raffia and hung them on the tree!! Now see our centerpiece.

Thankfulness!! 
Although there were only 4 of us at the dinner (Danielle, Sharon, Colleen and me) we did manage to fill the "tree" with lots of gratitude!! P.S. Keep your eyes open and you will see how thankful we were!!

So I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and I hope that you are able to continue the attitude of gratitude all year long!

1 comment:

mom said...

you out do every time. this one was really great....