Sunday, February 7, 2010

COOKIES!!!

So I tried my hand for the first time at decorating cookies. The baking part is definitely easier! First the royal icing. Easy enough to make but when you don't have the right equipment - tough to work with. First you are supposed to start by outlining the cookie!!!



So far so good!! Next you need to thin the icing - just a few tablespoons of water to thin it!! Then you just need to file it in. Just like coloring in the lines!!! Only thing is either I didn't thin the icing enough or I didn't make enough icing. Oh well - live and learn.



Next comes the decorating part. Oh my! I think I need to take a class on this. My piping kept coming to a point on the end and when I got to the part of adding the dots!! Oh wait till you see.




Last I decided to add color to these beauties. So a little red seemed appropriate. But the red dots came out as small red chip like treats. I did at least have decorating tips for my zip lock bags but really think I need to try taking a class to learn fully how to do this. Have to check out when Michaels is having another class!!



So that is my day of baking. I wouldn't call it a complete success but the only way to have success is to attempt it in the first place. Next on the menu is Coffee Sugar Cookies decorated with chocolate!!! I think this will be easier!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The girls will eat them either way.