Friday, September 30, 2011

Chicken Marsala Two Ways

When Bryan and I were living alone I would adapt my menus to fit what we both like and don't like.  I like mushrooms - he doesn't.  He likes squash - I do not!!  This meant that we did not have things like these veggies in our diet.  Fast forward to today and now my son, his wife and kids live with us!!  Score for me!!  Andrew likes mushrooms.  Amber likes squash.  A match made in heaven right?  Works for me and frankly that's all that counts since I'm the chef!!

For dinner tonight was Chicken Marsala.  I love marsala - like wanna rub it all over my hands and lick them clean!! I very rarely make it because Bryan doesn't like mushrooms!! Tonight was different though - Andrew was there.  I made two - that's right TWO pans of Chicken Marsala - one with mushrooms and one without mushrooms.  I also made the sauces two different ways - one with a rue to start and one where I used cornstarch and liquid to thicken the sauce in the end.

You may be wondering why there are only 3 pieces of chicken when there are 4 adults for dinner.  Amber doesn't like sauces - don't ask me explain it's just a thing she has.  Her chicken was on the counter with no sauce when I took the pic.

As you can also see from the pic I am a very messy chef.  Sauce is splattered everywhere.  But I've heard this is a sign of a genius at work!! Don't know. What you can't see in the photo is the prosciutto!! Yes ma'am there is Italian bacon in there!!! Everything is good with a little bacon - for that matter everything is good with a little Italian!!

What'd you make for dinner last night?  Do you have to adapt your menus to fit what likes and don't likes are in your house?  Let me know. 

No comments: