Saturday, September 18, 2010

Apple Picking & Grandchildren

So today was a great day. We took the kids and grandkids apple picking. The idea was to bring Auntie Brenda along (who is loved by all the kids) and have her take some wonderful pics. We started out in the MacIntosh trees and then headed to the Cortlands. I must say the kids were very cooperative. Emily and Molly climbed under trees to get their apples. John enjoyed sitting on Andrew's shoulders to get the highest apples. Julia was content to sit in her stroller and watch everyone and I think Myah didn't really care what was going on. All in all I seriously enjoyed the day. There is nothing like having these wonderful children around and thanking God that they are going home with their parents!! Haha. Brenda took all the pics and I know they will be wonderful. My intent was to take a few pics myself and post them here but with the picking and with the head counting and the positioning of the children and saying "look here" and "smile" I never took a single pic at the farm. However I was able to get one pic and here it is.



Now please know that this child (John) does not sit still for anything. He enjoys learning and listening and being with gramma and grampa cycle (that's his nickname for us). I believe this one and only pic that I was able to get pretty much sums up the day for all of us!!!


No comments: